Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hello again.

Thank you for sticking with me dear readers. I appreciate your patience and forgiveness. In the past two weeks I've addressed 700 envelopes for a noted fashion house. I've also completed work for a very exciting and project that I can't wait to tell you all about in a few months. There are some wonderful collaborations afoot. And also, my hard drive died.

On the first project: I have never addressed this many envelopes at one time, but it turned out to be meditative and fun. I'll share a photo soon. The recipients were...ummm...well, they were all remarkable and accomplished people and it was exciting to know that my work would make its way to their mailbox and hopefully brighten their day. Some days my schedule was slightly ridiculous -- going to Bay Ridge to interview octogenarian ballroom dancers and then coming home to calligraph envelopes addressed to cultural icons. But each involves writing in very different ways, using different parts of my brain. And I'm so grateful that I can do both.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the big job. I'm so excited that calligraphers around the states are getting such great opportunities. Thanks for sharing your work - I love your casual and unique style of calligraphy. And I too find doing lots of calligraphy to be a meditative and calming experience. I can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete